What are Environmental Allergies?
Quite understandably, my patients always want to know the answers to a few key questions. One of these most often asked questions revolves around what exactly are environmental allergies. People want to know what the problem is and why they experience it. After all, such allergies can truly put a damper on daily life when left unaddressed and untreated.
Understanding the basics of an allergy is probably the best first step in understanding your problem. An allergy is a hypersensitivity disorder of the immune system. Allergic reactions occur when a person’s immune system overreacts to a normally harmless substance in the environment. The substance that causes the reaction is called an allergen. This reaction results in an inflammatory response that can range from uncomfortable to life threatening. These symptoms demonstrate that your body is not functioning optimally.
Let’s use dust as an example. The immune system of a person who is hypersensitive to dust and then comes in contact with it will over react in an attempt to expel it from the body. Often, heavy mucus forms, congestion, swelling and other unpleasant side effects takes place as the body attempts to round up the dust particles and get rid of them.
At times, allergies, or the response to such incoming matter can be so severe, hospitalization and immediate medical care are a matter of life and death. In these cases, the body is reacting so strongly in an effort to expel the matter, it is actually hurting and causing great danger to itself.
Common Allergic Symptoms Include:
Common Causes of Environmental Allergies
- Itchy and watery eyes
- Difficulty breathing
- Increased mucus production in ears, nose and throat
- Swelling, redness, rashes, blistering or pain of contact site
With an established understanding of what actually happens during an allergy episode, we can get into the conversation of suspected causes. So what can cause such environmental allergies in people? Science is still searching for answers to this extremely complex subject, but we are fairly certain that genetics plays a role; at least to the tune of influencing body chemistry, which ultimately decides whether a substance is an allergen or not.
When I explain this to many of my patients, they often next wish to be informed of a list of environmental substances that can trigger such bodily allergen effects. Unfortunately, this cannot definitively be answered in brief either, as just about any type of matter can eventually come to be identified by one’s immune system as a problem. And as our body chemistry changes over time, it can change its mind on these substances. Such is the mystery and awe of our bodies. However, to help satisfy your thirst for knowledge on the subject, we will address three of the most common environmental allergens.
- Mold/Mildew - Mold and mildew can cause some of the most severe and life-threatening forms of allergic response. These ancient lifeforms can live just about anywhere there is moisture, and release spores into the air around them. These spores are well known for finding their way into a set of lungs, or onto skin, and soliciting major allergic responses. Your mold/mildew allergy however, is no match for my natural environmental allergy remedy program. This program will get to the cause of your allergy and is custom designed especially for you.
- Pollen - Pollen is known more as an environmental allergen that is seasonal. In Spring and Summer, many flowering plants release pollen, their reproductive material, in vast quantities. Under a microscope, a pollen particle looks like a pain-inducing, spiked ball. For those allergic to it, it may as well be. But don’t worry, my natural environmental allergy remedy program for pollen will make your Spring and Summer woes a thing of the past.
- Pet Dander - As much as we love our furry friends, their dander can be a real pain for those allergic to it. Allergic response severity to pet dander can be as light as nasal congestion, or as severe as complete respiratory arrest. You don’t have to worry about everyone else's pets anymore. I can promise you a safe, noninvasive technique and effective natural environmental remedy program for pet dander.
Free Consultation for Natural Environmental Allergy Remedies
I know what life with allergies can be like, and I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to suffer anymore. Reach out to me today for your free, confidential consultation, and be on your way to a much happier, healthier way of life. You will be so glad you made the choice to take a natural approach with a doctor who has years of proven results and experience on just this matter.