"Have you been living in pain? My patients who undergo chiropractic adjustments experience significant neck pain relief after treatment. You do not have to take pain medication, get painful injections or undergo surgery. Please contact me for a free consultation."
-Dr. Donna Sergi
Neck Pain Treatments in Brooklyn NY 11223
The neck, also referred to as cervical spine, supports the weight of the entire head. It is very flexible and can move the head in all directions. This flexibility makes it vulnerable to all manner of injuries and pain. You are likely to experience neck pain at some point in your life if you have not yet.
Whether mild or severe, this pain causes significant discomfort. There are many treatment options for neck pain relief. One such method is chiropractic adjustment. Unlike traditional neck pain treatments, it safely reduces neck pain without relying on drugs or surgery.
Symptoms of Neck Pain
Observing the symptoms will help the chiropractor to identify the cause of the pain, which will determine the type of treatment plan to follow. Other than the mild, moderate or severe pain, other symptoms usually associated with neck pain that you are likely to experience may include:
- A stiff neck – You may have difficulties turning your head from one side to another.
- Headaches – You can experience headaches when the neck muscles tighten or when the pinched occipital nerve causes pain to radiate to the head.
- Reduced motion range – Your neck movements may be limited. It might be difficult to lower your head towards your chest or to move it from side to side.
- General soreness – You can experience a tender or achy pain. It usually affects a particular area on the neck.
- Nerve pain – The pain you experience in the neck can radiate down to the arms and legs causing tingling, numbness and weakness.
- Muscle spasm – Your neck muscles can become stiff and knotted. You are not able to move your neck during this time.